Winnebago Animal Clinic
Winnebago Animal Clinic, located in Winnebago, Illinois, is dedicated to providing quality, friendly veterinary care to the dogs and cats of Winnebago County. Each veterinarian and team member loves animals as much as their customers do and are deeply committed to the health and well being of your pet.
Professional affiliations include; American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association (ISVMA), Greater Rockford Veterinary Medical Association (GRVMA) and Village of Winnebago Chamber of Commerce.
Winnebago Animal Clinic celebrates its 70th year of veterinary service in 2016. Dr. Paul T. Gambrel founded the clinic in 1946 primarily as a food animal practice. His father Dr. Earl T. Gambrel an equine practitioner from Byron joined him soon after. In 1955 Dr. Gene Gambrel joined the practice. Dr. Gene expanded the practices development in the area of companion animal practice. Dr. Dave Tanaglia worked in the practice as a veterinary student thru his first year as a graduate veterinarian in the late 70’s.
In 2000 Dr. Tanaglia purchased the Gambrel Animal Clinic as part of a 4-clinic practice group. Shortly thereafter an extensive remodeling of the building took place. The lobby, exam rooms, and treatment areas were expanded and upgraded. The old boarding facility was completely demolished and a brand new spacious climate controlled facility was built. At the same time, Dr. Jared Williams joined the 4-clinic practice. With Dr. Gene Gambrel’s retirement in 2005 after 50 years of veterinary practice, Dr. Jared became the primary veterinarian at the Winnebago practice. In 2008 the Winnebago Animal Clinic became a separate entity again with Dr. Dave Tanaglia and Dr. Jared Williams as partners.
The clinic continues to go through renovations with upgrades in diagnostics services, digital x-ray, surgical monitors and structural upgrades.